How to Play Lucky for Life
- Select five different numbers from 1 to 48 in the upper play area and one "LUCKY BALL" number from 1 to 18 in the lower play area of the play slip or you may have the system randomly select your numbers by marking the "QP" (QUICK PICK) box.
- If you make an error in your number selection, DO NOT ERASE. Mark the "VOID" box for that play.
- Each play costs $2. Each play and play option selected is valid for the selected draw only. Play up to 20 consecutive draws by marking the appropriate box under "MULTI DRAW."
- Check your selections to make sure they are correct. Player is solely responsible for verifying all selections on the ticket. PRINTED LUCKY FOR LIFE TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELED. Upon purchase SIGN the ticket back and SECURE your ticket.
- Drawings will be on Mondays and Thursdays at 10:35 p.m. Check the Lucky for Life results or view the drawing at sceducationlottery.com by visiting the Lucky for Life page and clicking "Drawing Videos" or on YouTube at luckyforlife.us. Stay tuned for the beginning date of the live Lucky for Life drawings!
- You must be 18 years of age to play.
Prize Categories and Odds
|Matching Numbers||Lucky for Life Prize||Game Odds|
|5 + 1 (Lucky Ball)
||$7,000/Week for Life*||1 in 30,821,472|
|5 + 0||$25,000/Year for Life*||1 in 1,813,028|
|4 + 1 (Lucky Ball)||$5,000**||1 in 143,356|
|4 + 0||$200||1 in 8,433|
|3 + 1 (Lucky Ball)||$150||1 in 3,413|
|3 + 0||$20||1 in 201|
|2 + 1 (Lucky Ball)||$25||1 in 250|
|2 + 0||$3||1 in 15|
|1 + 1 (Lucky Ball)||$6||1 in 50|
|0 + 1 (Lucky Ball)||$4||1 in 32|
Overall odds: 1 in 7.77. For complete odds, see Lucky for Life Official Rules.
*Payment for 5+1 and 5+0 prize levels: In a single draw, if two or more winning tickets are sold in the states offering "Lucky for Life" for the same prize level, the value of the prize will be divided as provided in the Official Game Rules (Rules). Instead of the annuitized prize (payments for life), as provided in the Rules, a cash prize (one-time payment) may be selected after a claim is filed. An annuitized prize shall be paid for life with a minimum of twenty (20) years. See complete Rules at sceducationlottery.com.
**A winner's actual prize will be lower than the amount shown if the Prize Liability established in the Rules is exceeded for this Third Prize level in a single draw.
LUCKY FOR LIFE CASH OPTION DETAILS
|Top Prize Cash Option|
|1 winner||Five million, seven hundred fifty thousand dollars ($5,750,000)|
|2 to 14 winners||Five million, seven hundred fifty thousand dollars ($5,750,000)***|
|***divided by the number of winners|
|Top Prize Lump Sum Cash Payment|
|15 or more winners||Seven million, one hundred twenty-five thousand dollars ($7,125,000)***|
|***divided by the number of winners||Second Prize Cash Option|
|1 to 20 winners||Three hundred ninety thousand dollars ($390,000)|
|Second Prize Lump Sum Cash Payment|
|21 or more winners||Nine million, four hundred thousand dollars ($9,400,000)***|
|***divided by the number of winners|
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
For more information on odds, drawings, winning numbers and remaining or unclaimed prizes, ask your lottery retailer, visit our website at www.sceducationlottery.com or call toll‑free 1-866-736-9819 during regular business hours. (Except State Holidays)
Tickets, transactions, and winners are subject to SCEL rules and state law. SCEL shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets. For current or past winning numbers, call (803) 734-IWON (4966) or check under the specific game on our website.
Gambling may be addictive. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call toll-free 1-877-452-5155 or visit the Play Responsibly South Carolina website at www.PlayResponsiblySC.com. Have Fun. Play Smart. Play Responsibly.
There are three ways to claim a prize:
1. At authorized Lottery Retailers - Any winning ticket up to and including $500. Lottery retailers can award up to $500 in cash, store check, money order or a combination thereof.
2. By mail - Winning tickets up to and including $100,000 may be redeemed by mail. The back of the winning ticket must be signed and accompanied by an official South Carolina Education Lottery claim form. Claim forms are also available at any authorized South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. NOTE: A copy of a picture identification card (driver's license, state or military I.D., or passport) is required for all winnings over $500. Winnings over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the Columbia Claims Center.
Mailing address for winnings of $100,000 or less:
SC Education Lottery
P.O. Box 11039
Columbia, SC 29211-1039
3. At the Columbia Claims Center - Any winning ticket over $100,000 must be brought in person to the Columbia Claims Center for redemption.
- The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player. Registered mail is recommended.
- Prizes for online tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the draw date printed on the ticket.
- Prizes for instant tickets must be claimed within 90 days after the game ends. The official end of the different instant games will be posted at retail locations as well as on the Lottery's website. (Prizes Remaining Report)
SCEL has been careful to ensure that this website posts only the official winning numbers. However, SCEL is aware of the possibility of human error in posting the winning numbers to this site. In the case of any discrepancy between the numbers posted on this site and the official winning numbers, the prevailing numbers will be those that have been certified by the SCEL Lottery draw manager and a representative from the independent certified public accounting firm who witnessed the drawings. The winning numbers are then entered into the central gaming system.