Powerball® is a multi-state jackpot game. Drawings are held on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 10:59. During the drawing, six numbers are drawn: five white ball numbers and the red Powerball® number. The jackpot starts at $40 million. Matching all six numbers wins the jackpot. There are eight other ways to match and win prizes up to $1 million. In addition, players may choose to purchase the PowerPlay® option for an additional $1. With the purchase of PowerPlay®, all non-jackpot prizes, excluding the match 5 + 0 prize, will be multiplied by the PowerPlay® number of 2, 3, 4, or 5.
The Countdown for the number of Powerball® Multi Draws that can be purchased begins: Wednesday, July 29. After the Powerball® drawing on Wednesday, July 29, players may purchase up to 19 Multi Draws. The number of Multi Draws available for purchase will decrease by one following each draw until the drawing on Saturday, October 3.
|Draw Dates*||Draw Dates*|
|Wednesday, July 29, 2015||- 20 Draws||Saturday, September 05, 2015||- 9 Draws|
|Saturday, August 01, 2015||- 19 Draws||Wednesday, September 09, 2015||- 8 Draws|
|Wednesday, August 05, 2015||- 18 Draws||Saturday, September 12, 2015||- 7 Draws|
|Saturday, August 08, 2015||- 17 Draws||Wednesday, September 16, 2015||- 6 Draws|
|Wednesday, August 12, 2015||- 16 Draws||Saturday, September 19, 2015||- 5 Draws|
|Saturday, August 15, 2015||- 15 Draws||Wednesday, September 23, 2015||- 4 Draws|
|Wednesday, August 19, 2015||- 14 Draws||Saturday, September 26, 2015||- 3 Draws|
|Saturday, August 22, 2015||- 13 Draws||Wednesday, September 30, 2015||- 2 Draws|
|Wednesday, August 26, 2015||- 12 Draws||Saturday, October 03, 2015||- 1 Draw|
|Saturday, August 29, 2015||- 11 Draws||Wednesday, October 07, 2015||- 20 Draws|
|Wednesday, September 02, 2015||- 10 Draws|
* Number of draws represents the maximum number available for purchase prior to the draw break at 9:59 p.m. before the Powerball® drawing.
* The jackpot prize amount advertised by the Lottery is based on prize payment of a 30-year annuity. Winners have 60 days from filing a claim to elect a "Cash" or an "Annuity" option (30 payments over 29 years).
Prior to each drawing, Powerball® sales will be temporarily suspended to allow for the drawing. Powerball® sales are suspended at 9:59 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday. Powerball® ticket sales CANNOT be canceled.
A player MUST be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
For more information on odds, drawings, winning numbers and remaining or unclaimed prizes, ask your lottery retailer, visit our website at www.sceducationlottery.com or call toll‑free 1-866-736-9819 during regular business hours. (Except Certain State Holidays)
Tickets, transactions, and winners are subject to SCEL rules and state law. SCEL shall not be responsible for lost, stolen, or mutilated tickets. For current or past winning numbers call (803) 734-IWON (4966) or check under the specific game on our website.
Gambling may be addictive. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call toll‑free 1‑877‑452‑5155 or visit the Play Responsibly South Carolina website at www.PlayResponsiblySC.com. Have Fun. Play Smart. Play Responsibly.
There are three ways to claim a prize:
1. At authorized Lottery Retailers - Any winning ticket up to and including $500.
2. By mail - Winning tickets up to and including $100,000 may be redeemed by mail. The back of the winning ticket must be signed and accompanied by an official South Carolina Education Lottery claim form. Claim forms are also available at any authorized South Carolina Education Lottery retailer. NOTE: A copy of a picture identification card (driver's license, state or military I.D., or passport) is required for all winnings over $500. Winnings over $100,000 must be claimed in person at the Columbia Claims Center.
Mailing address for winnings of $100,000 or less:
SC Education Lottery
P.O. Box 11039
Columbia, SC 29211-1039
3. At the Columbia Claims Center - Any winning ticket over $100,000 must be brought in person to the Columbia Claims Center for redemption.
- The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player. Registered mail is recommended.
- Prizes for online tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the draw date printed on the ticket.
- Prizes for instant tickets must be claimed within 90 days after the game ends. The official end of the different instant games will be posted at retail locations as well as on the Commission's website. (Prizes Remaining Report)
SCEL has been careful to ensure that this website posts only the official winning numbers. However, SCEL is aware of the possibility of human error in posting the winning numbers to this site. In the case of any discrepancy between the numbers posted on this site and the official winning numbers, the prevailing numbers will be those that have been certified by the SCEL Lottery draw manager and a representative from the independent certified public accounting firm who witnessed the drawings. The winning numbers are then entered into the central gaming system.